Thinking of creating a digital information product, like an ebook or video course, but not sure you’re idea will sell? You’re not alone.
Here’s how to know if you have a good idea:
An idea is good when there’s a hungry market for the information. And some markets are hungrier than others.
So, to make things easier for you, I’ve put together a list of evergreen topics proven to make money. These are time tested, tried and true topics that will always have a hungry market.
Use this list as a starting point for topic ideas for your digital information product. Or, use it to check your idea against. The categories and sub-categories are broad, so you’ll probably come up with an idea if you don’t already have one.
That said, I haven’t listed every last possible topic or sub-category here. What’s listed here is just a sample of what’s possible.
Also, if you have a topic idea for a digital information product that’s not here, it doesn’t mean there’s no market for it. It just means you’ll have to do some research to find out for sure. There’s no way I could list them all.
Would you like more information on how you can make money with digital information products? Get my FREE 5 day e-course, “Info-Product Income Streams.” Click the button below!
Digital Information Product Ideas That Sell
1) Smoothies and Juices. This is always a popular topic. The benefits of green juices and smoothies are especially touted by health gurus far and wide. If you’ve got a juicer and you know how to use it, you could create a digital information product that tells people the benefits of juicing and offer recipes and cleanses. This type of product could actually be an ongoing program that provides you with a nice monthly income!
2) Wheat and Gluten Free. My own first digital information product was on this topic. And, not long after creating it I received an offer from a food manufacturer for 600,000 copies (you can read more about that here). If you’ve navigated your way around the gluten free isle at your local grocery store, learned how to order gluten free in restaurants and cook gluten free meals at home that taste good, you’ve got a hungry audience!
3) Weight Loss. Ok, this one could be in a category all by itself. Let’s face it, weight loss is a HUGE market and it seems like every angle under the sun has been covered – except yours! Have you lost a lot of weight? People want to know how you did it! Did you cut sugar? Carbs? Meat? Grains? Something else? Maybe you found a way to burn calories faster through exercise. Whatever it is, people are always looking for new ways to drop pounds!
4) Keeping Fit. It’s one thing to get fit, but then you’ve got to stay there. Do you have a special workout routine? Maybe you enjoy running, or weight lifting, or yoga. If you’re into it – really into it – you’ve probably got enough information to put into a digital information product.
5) Stress Management. Who doesn’t need this? Everyone is under stress at some point in their lives, and learning to deal with it can mean the difference between holding it together and falling apart. If you’re good at this you’ve got something you can teach through a digital information product.
6) Dealing with Fear. Fear is the underlying cause of shattered dreams. People fear failure, success and change. When you help people get past their fear, you help them create a new life for themselves. Do you have a way to move past the fear in your life that you can share with others?
7) How to Raise a Puppy. Love puppies? Raised a few? This might be the sub-category for you! People love dogs, and who can resist an adorable puppy? But there’s a difference between looking at that puppy in the window and taking it home. You can help people to raise their puppy right.
8) Dog Training. There’s actually quite a large market for this. Whether you’re a backyard amateur, or you’ve trained dogs professionally, you can make money with this. And a digital information product means you can help more people and have more free time.
9) Parrot Training. Yes, there’s actually a niche market for this and it can be quite profitable. If you’re a bird lover this might be for you. Everyone wants their parrot to talk. Help them give their bird the gift of gab!
10) Setting Up an Aquarium. Admittedly, this is a smaller market, but there are people who really love fish and aquariums. An ebook with some nice photos and simple how-to instruction could be the start of something much bigger.
11) Buying and Caring For Unusual Pets. One of my cousins once owned a boa constrictor named Boston – until he got too big – then she gave him to a zoo! People often buy exotic or unusual pets without knowing what they’re getting into. A little insight would be helpful for both pet and pet owner.
12) Pet Loss. Pets become a part of the family, and when they die people grieve. If you’ve dealt with the loss of a pet, your insight could help someone else.
13) How to be Happy. Whether you’ve learned how to be happy with what you’ve got, or you’ve achieved a lifelong dream – others want to know how you did it. Yes, happiness sells!
14) Designing the (Life, Business, Marriage, etc.) You Want. These kinds of transformations are life changing. If you can help people look at where they are now, figure out what they really want, and then help them get there, you can do very well with this market. Who doesn’t want something better?
15) How To Be Yourself And Love Who You Are. There’s a lot you can do with this. Everything from eliminating negative self talk to embracing left handedness is fair game here. We all have flaws, and some of us are better at loving ourselves in spite of them than others.
16) How to Succeed at (Homeschooling, Rose Gardening, Cooking, etc). Everyone wants to succeed at something. So, chances are, whatever you’re experienced in and successful at – there’s others who want to do it too!
17) How to 10X Your (Business, Golf Score, Workout, etc). The one thing successful people want is more success. If they’re good at golf, they want to be still better at golf. When they have a successful business, they want even more success. If they’ve got a successful workout program, they want to know how to leverage it for even better results.
18) Leadership Training. Whether you’re a corporate leader or a cub scout leader doesn’t matter. There are people at all levels of leadership who want to be better leaders. A digital information product on leadership may be just what they’re looking for.
19) Stock Market for Beginners. Do you know a thing or two about the stock market? There are a lot of people who want to invest but don’t have a clue how to start and worry it costs too much. This is an extremely profitable market.
20) Investing and Saving for College. It’s not enough to save money for college. Smart parents are investing their savings to grow it faster. If you’re one of those parents you can create a digital product that offers guidelines to others.
21) Online Investing. Navigating the different investing companies online can be confusing. Trying to figure out the technology to invest with can be frustrating. Yet, being able to invest online is a boon to the investment industry. It’s all so much easier than it used to be. If you can help others get started with this, you’ve got information for a digital product.
22) Writing for profit. A lot of people want to be writers and many give it a shot. But they usually fail to bring in enough income to quit their day job. If you’re a successful writer you can help someone else have the career of their dreams. Plus, as a writer you’ve already got the skill it takes to create an information product!
23) Starting a Part-Time Business. If you’ve got a skill that you turned into a successful side hustle, you can help someone else do it too. They don’t have to go into the same business you did. The principles should be pretty much the same.
24) How To Make A Small Fortune With Garage Sales. Are you good at organizing and making money with garage sales? Garage sales are a lot of work and most people are disappointed with the money they make from them. They would welcome a product that teaches them to make more money for their efforts.
My FREE 5 day e-course will give you even more information on how to make money online with a digital information product. Click the button below to get the course delivered right to your inbox!
25) Paper Crafts. Do you know how to make beautiful, handmade cards? Or maybe paper flowers are more your thing. Crafting from paper is an amazing art form others would enjoy learning.
26) Wood Crafts and Carving. Wood crafts can be made for the home, such as beveled shelves, or to sell, such as birdhouses. There are so many different types of wood crafts, it would be easy to create an entire business from this market with an array of digital products and courses.
27) Holiday crafts. Some people love Christmas so much they prepare for it all year! Some will even leave lights or decorations up all year. But, Christmas isn’t the only holiday. If you’re crafty, why not offer products or courses that teach how to craft for each of the holidays?
28) Old Recipes. Got a large collection of old recipes from your great grandmother? Or maybe you just like finding old recipes and trying them out. If you can find a theme for them, such as pioneer recipes or French recipes from the 1800’s, you can create a digital information product from them.
29) Baking. Is baking your thing? Maybe it’s holiday baking, or baking for a crowd. Or, it might be that you just love baking pies. There’s always going to be a market for this. Step-by-step instructions work best here.
30) Healthy Family Pleasers In A Flash. Who wouldn’t love this? With both parents working cooking is a chore. So, families are eating out more than ever. But, they’re not eating healthy. What parent wouldn’t love to have fast ways to provide healthy meals at home? Not only would it be healthier, it would be cheaper too! You could build an entire business around this.
31) Making the Most Of Your Staycation. Ok, so this isn’t exactly traveling, but it’s popular. A lot of people are opting to stay local these days. If you’ve done this and have ideas for people to do that would be fun and memorable, you’ve got information for a digital product.
32) Scenic Bike Trips or Hikes. Is your local area a scenic area? Do people bike and hike around there? Is this something you enjoy doing? If so, you could create an ebook with some photos of scenes along the bike or hiking path, as well as tips and advice for a great trip or hike.
33) Things To Do In (Pick a State or Town) That You Haven’t Done. There’s always a difference between what the tourists do and what the locals do. And then there are things even the locals haven’t done because they haven’t heard about them. But you have and you can share this information with locals and visitors alike!
34) Hunting for Gold. There’s gold in them thar hills! And there’s gold in helping people know where to look for it. Some people will go just for the fun of it. Others are more serious. There’s a whole art to hunting for gold. If you’re a savvy hunter you’ve got information others would pan…um, I mean pay….for!
35) Best Places to Ski in Colorado (or Another Place). I’m not a skier, but if you are you probably know the best places to ski where you live. And if you’re a really experienced skier, you can help a beginner know just what they need to make the trip a great one.
36) Alaska – The Last Frontier. Alaska is definitely an adventure state, and if you live there you’ve got an advantage. Pictures and video footage could help travelers know what they should bring and what they should see. Or, you can tailor your product to a particular Alaskan adventure.
37) How to Meditate. A lot of people would meditate if they only how to start. If you can give them some guidance, you can create a product.
38) Specific Meditations. The only thing better than learning how to do something is having it done for you! Instead of people having to guide themselves through a meditation, You can guide them through several different ones with your product! Audios work best here, but ebooks can work too.
39) Meditations Through The Ages. Do you know about the history of meditation – about different types of meditations in different places and how those meditation styles evolved? Why not create a product around the history of meditation, and offer several meditations from long ago that would still be relevant today?
40) Alternative Medicine. This is a HUGE niche in the healing category. It encompasses everything from chiropractic (which I really don’t find all that spiritual but it fits best in this category) to Reiki. You’ll have to niche it down further to reach your target market, but that’s easy to do if you specialize in something in this niche.
41) Therapeutic Touch/Massage. I remember when infant massage became popular. There are so many types of massage – from healing to sexual to relaxation. If you have an interest in this area you can create a digital product and an online business around it.
42) Divine Healing. This niche has a lot of potential because it’s part of several large faiths. You can teach about divine healing or teach others to be healers. Healing can encompass the physical, the mental, the emotional and/or the spiritual. There can be divine healing of the body, or a divine healing of a marriage. There’s a lot you can do with this niche.
As I said above, this list is not exhaustive. It’s just a small sample of the type of digital information products you can create. If you’d like to see even more ideas, Sellfy has created a list of 101 digital products you can sell online.
Leave me a comment below and let me know which ideas you liked or how this article helped you come up with your own idea.
To your success,
PS: If you’d like to be notified when there’s new content here on the blog, enter your name and email address below. When you do, I’ll also give you my FREE 5 day e-course on how you can make money with information products!